Hey, Book Sailors! The Summer Smackdown Reading Regatta has reached the finish line…and you will NOT believe who won! (OK, you might.)
Here is the reading list and point total for Brady:
- J.K. Rowling – Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (500)
- J.K Rowling – Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (500)
- J.K. Rowling – Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (500)
- J.K. Rowling – Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (1,000)
- J.K. Rowling – Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (1,000)
- J.K. Rowling – Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (1,000)
- J.K. Rowling – Harry Potter and the Death Hallows (1,000)
- Eoin Colfer – Artemis Fowl (500)
- Justina Ireland – Spark of the Resistance (500)
- Rae Carson – Rise of Skywalker Novelization (500)
For a grand total of…7,000 points!!!!
And here is the list and point totals for Auntie Obvious:
- J.R.R. Tolkien – The Hobbit (250)
- J.R.R. Tolkien – The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (500)
- Cavan Scott – The Rising Storm (250)
- Justina Ireland – Out of the Shadows (250)
- Daniel José Older – Race to Crashpoint Tower (250)
- Rebecca Roanhorse – Race to the Sun (250)
- Patrick DeWitt – Undermajordomo Minor (250)
- Madeleine L’Engle – A Wind in the Door (250)
- Susan Meissner – The Nature of Fragile Things (250)
For a grand total of…2,500 points! Oh, wait. We have to add in the 3,250 pity points that Brady gave to Auntie Obvious to make the contest more interesting. So that’s a total of 5,750 points!
So the reigning champion of the First Annual Summer Smackdown Reading Regatta is…Auntie Obvious!
[Brady: Are you sure you did the math right, Auntie Obvious?]
[Auntie Obvious: Um….it appears that my math was right, but I might have made a teeeeensy typo and misspelled “Brady” as “Auntie Obvious”. It could happen to anyone. Anyway, well, done, my Book Sailing friend! What are you with all your winnings?]
[Brady: We didn’t have a budget for prize money, remember? How about you give me one Twinkie, and a Snips* plus a refill?]
[Auntie Obvious: OK, done.]
We hope you enjoyed the Summer Smackdown Reading Regatta. Come back next summer, when it will be bigger and better!
[Brady: Does that mean prize money?]
[Auntie Obvious: No. I just thought that sounded good.]
Keep Reading…Sail On!
*A Sprite Zero and Orange Juice – we call it a “Snips” because it is orange, and we both love Ahsoka Tano.